For 24 years, we have been assisting buyers and sellers with their residential real estate needs across Greater Cincinnati. We have experience in every price range, style of home or condominium, and unique buyer or seller situation. We have particularly extensive experience in working with the unique needs of relocating buyers and sellers and their families, first time buyers, short sale situations, and seniors making emotional major life/housing changes. Our service is compassionate, caring, discreet and always professional.
Want to know about schools, child care options, sports for the kids, adult athletic and leisure opportunities, shopping, service providers? That is all part of our service!
So, how did we gain all of that experience? Here is a little more about us...
1. Who are We?
Alan Young, ABR
Sales Awards/Achievement Awards
• Licensed in Ohio
• Accredited Buyers Representative (ABR)
• Cincinnati Area Board of Realtors Circle of Excellence 1996 - 2007, 2009, 2011-2016
• Ohio Association of Realtors President's Sales Club 1995 - 2009, 2011-2016
• President's Award - Awarded by fellow sales associates, recognizing professionalism and dedication to teamwork and maintaining office morale.
• Director, Cincinnati Area Board of Realtors, elected 2003-2005
• West Shell Rookie of the Year 1995
• Home Builders Association Rookie of the Year 1995
• 24 years of experience in residential real estate with total sales exceeding $100 million and over 600 transactions.
• More than 35 years of sales experience, in Cincinnati, Newcastle and Manchester, England
• Relocation certification from Prudential Relocation Services, Sirva Relocation and Cendant Mobility; extensive experience with ALL third party relocation companies
• Member, Cincinnati Area Board of Realtors®
• Member, Hamilton-Fairfield-Oxford Board of Realtors®
• Member, Ohio Association of Realtors®
• Member, National Association of Realtors®
Nancy Young, Marketing Specialist
Making use of an extensive background in journalism, marketing and advertising, Nancy markets listings to prospective buyers and sales associates. She prepares brochures, newsletters, flyers, promotional material, internet copy, print advertisements, social networking campaigns, and direct mail literature. She coordinates placement and distribution, monitoring the effectiveness of selected media.
Nancy provides feedback to sellers following every viewing, provides a written update on all activity taking place to promote listings, and keeps prospective buyers aware of status changes on listings. She also maintains client and prospect databases, keeping consumers informed of real estate happenings, data and relevant listings.
• More than 30 years of experience in journalism, marketing, advertising and public relations, in several major U.S. markets and Manchester, England.
• Bachelor of Arts degree in communications with concentrations in journalism and public relations, University of Dayton, 1985
• Real Estate Sales License achieved 1994
Alan has been a resident of Cincinnati since 1993; he was a Resident of Manchester, England, from 1977-1993 and is a native of Newcastle-upon-Tyne, England.
Nancy is a Cincinnati native, and lived in Dayton, Chicago and Manchester, England, prior to returning to Cincinnati in 1993. Alan and Nancy have three children, and Alan also has an adult daughter and twin grandchildren.
2. Comprehensive Plan for Sellers
Our objective is to sell our listings with aggressive marketing and first-class follow-up.
- Conduct a thorough evaluation of your home, concentrating on salability, and design a personalized marketing plan. Provide 'staging' advice to showcase your home in its best possible light.
- Immediately notify all Realtors with registered prospects via MLS Reverse Prospecting.
- Submit your property to the Multiple Listing Service of Greater Cincinnati exposing the property to almost 4,000 members of the MLS.
- Feature your property on four separate internet sites, including 15 interior and exterior photos and a virtual tour.
- Extensively market your home internationally via Realtor.com.
- Create color brochures listing the attributes of your home for potential buyers to be kept in the home for showings.
- Market your home through a variety of methods including Time Warner Cable Television Home Tour, personal newsletter, classified advertising, flyer distribution, internet and agent networking, social network promotions.
- Conduct Sunday open houses when appropriate.
- Experienced Call Coordinators set appointments for agent showings of your property; we personally provide feedback of every showing.
- Monitor and keep you apprised of any changes in market conditions, and keep you informed of all efforts being done to sell your home.
- Present all offers in a timely fashion with sufficient background information and evaluation to enable you to make a comfortable, informed decision.
- Track the progress of the loan process, fulfillment of contingencies, inspection and other details necessary to accomplish a successful closing.
- Arrange for the closing and attend in order to lend experience to this sometimes confusing event.
If you are moving out of Greater Cincinnati, we can help! Comey & Shepherd Realtors® is a member of Leading Real Estate Companies of the WorldTM, an association of 1,110 independent real estate companies nationwide. We can refer you to one of the 93,000 sales agents in nearly 4,000 real estate offices, and you can be assured they share our standards of excellence and professionalism.
4. Buyer Services
When working with buyers, we begin with a detailed conversation to discern your 'must haves', 'must not haves' and 'wish list'. We then set up an MLS prospect search system, which matches your parameters with available homes. We are notified any time a new listing comes on the market that appears to match your needs, and in turn we will e-mail, fax or phone those details to you.
If you are a relocating buyer, we will initially introduce you to suburbs and neighborhoods, then move on to touring homes.
If you are a first time buyer or have not experienced a real estate transaction in some time, we will provide step-by-step guidance to this sometimes confusing process.
Once you have found a home and an accepted contract has been achieved, we will be there every step of the way to help coordinate inspections, financing, closing and moving-in details.
5. School Information
FREE Greater Cincinnati Schools Guide for New Transferees to the Queen City!
Schools are a major factor if you're moving a family. We offer a comprehensive schools guide including test scores, student-teacher ratios, number of students, location and more. This guide includes public, private and parochial schools.